Do you want to accept payments on your WordPress website without writing a single line of code?
Do you accept payments on your website? Wouldn’t it be easier for your customers to submit one-time payments, or even recurring/subscription payments through your WordPress form?
Accepting payment on your website should be easy and convenient irrespective of the payment platform. This is where Authorize.Net can be helpful.
In this article, I’m going to demonstrate how you can easily collect payments from your customers from WordPress form without writing a single line of code with the help of Authorize.Net Addon with WPForms.
What is Authorize.Net?
Authorize.net is a leading payment gateway service provider that helps website owners accept electronic and credit card payments through their websites.
Authorize.net has a very simple integration and it provides a great solution to the problem of how a website can accept payments through customer’s credit cards.
It makes it super easy for a person who doesn’t have much developer experience to integrate payments.
Authorize.net also allows for many additional features, such as:
- Automatic Recurring Billing – you can easily charge recurring payments to a credit card automatically.
- Customer Information Manager – you will securely store your customer’s credit card data (up to 10 credit cards per customer).
- Advanced Fraud Detection – you will be able to enable velocity filters, minimum/maximum transaction limits, IP blocking, and much more.
- Account Updater – any credit card you store in Authorize.net’s system can be automatically updated when the card expires.
- Integrate Apple Pay processing into your website and mobile app
- Invoice your clients with simple click-to-pay emails.
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a WordPress plugin that helps you create beginner-friendly WordPress forms in minutes with a drag & drop form builder. The forms you create with WPForms are easy to embed and mobile-friendly.
With WPForms you can create:
1. Contact form
2. Payment form
3. Email subscription form
4. Registration form
Other features of WPForms include:
1. Multi-page forms
2. Payment gateway integration
3. Spam Protection
4. Smart conditional logic
5. Instant notifications
6. Email marketing software integration
Here are the steps to create payment functionality in WordPress forms using Authorize.net and WPForms:
To enable recurring payment functionality on your WordPress website we need to have a WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website.
STEP-1 Install WPForms:
To install WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website follow the steps given below –
1. Sign in on your WordPress website > Click on Plugins > Search WPForms > Click Install and then Activate.
2. Once you have a license key head over to WordPress dashboard and then WPForms > Settings.
3. Now enter the License key to get started.
4. Click on WPForms > Addons
5. Select the Authorize.net add-on by clicking on Install Add-on button
Note: To enableAuthorize.net add-on on your WPForms plugin you need a WPForms Pro license which you can get at the best possible price here.
6. The status will show Active after you’ve installed the add-on. Now you are ready to use the WPForms Authorize.Net add-on on your WordPress website.
7. After activating the Authorize.Net add-on lets go to the Settings, then click the Payments tab.
Now select the currency you want to use from the Currency dropdown here.
STEP-2 Customize Your Authorize.Net Settings:
Now we will customize your Authorize.Net settings and get the API key to integrate it with WPForms.
1. Log in to your Authorize.Net account
2. After logging in switch the account to Live mode.
3. Now click on Settings.
4. Under General Security Settings, click API Credentials and Keys.
5. Copy the API key and go to your WPForms Authorize.Net Settings tab and paste it into the API Login ID box.
6. After that we have to obtain the Transaction key. So, again go to the Authorize.Net account API settings tab. Click obtain, then New Transaction Key. Then Submit.
Authorize.Net will send a PIN to your email address. Check your email, then paste the PIN in and click Verify PIN.
This way you will get a transaction key. Copy that key now, then switch back to WPForms and paste it into the Transaction Key field.
Finally, click Save Settings. Now we have successfully connected Authorize.Net with WPForms plugin.
STEP-3 Create a Authorize.Net Payment Form
Now that you have installed and activated the WPForms plugin on our WordPress website and connected it with the Authorize.Net add-on, the next step is to create a form. To do that:
1. Head over to the setup and choose any form type from the template section. Name that form to let’s say Nonprofit donation form.
2. Now, add the Authorize.Net field into your form. To do that drag it from the left-hand pane onto your form and place it anywhere you like.
STEP-4 Customize Authorize.Net Payment Form Settings
1. Go to payment settings on your new form and select Authorize.Net.
- Click the Enable Authorize.Net payments checkbox to turn on payment processing for the form.
- In the Payment Description box, type what you want to appear on your customer’s credit card statement.
- In the Authorize.Net Payment Receipt dropdown, you can select Email to have Authorize.Net send an email receipt.
- In the Customer Name dropdown, select Name to have the customer’s name associated with the payment.
2. When you are satisfied with your forms settings Click Save
STEP-5 Publish Your Authorize.Net Payment Form
Now, that you have successfully created a Nonprofit Donation forms for your WordPress website. The next step is to add it to your blog posts or pages, or even sidebar widgets.
For this example, we will add it to a custom page for donations.
1. On your WordPress dashboard > Click on Pages > Click on Add new to create a new page or choose an existing page.
2. Now, head over to the (+) icon so you can add a block on your page.
4. Type WPForms like in the picture given below and choose the option.
5. Then it will ask you to choose the form. Select your form and click on Add Form.
6. Now, publish the page so the form will appear on your website.
Voila! You have successfully added Authorize.Net Payment Form on your WordPress website with the help of WPForms.
WPForms is one of the best and most reliable form builders out there, which makes the process of accepting secure, quick and easy through its Authorize.Net add-on feature.
I hope this I was able to demonstrate the process well and cover every step in as much detail as possible.
In case you still have some queries drop a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as quickly as possible. Cheers!