Are you someone looking to add online donation forms as a Nonprofits organization on your WordPress website?
Collecting donations through a WordPress website helps you increase the reach of your cause and thus increases your overall donation.
By creating Online Donation Forms for Nonprofits on your website you’ll make it easier for people from anywhere in the world to donate for the cause.
Benefits of having an online donation form on your WordPress website:
1. A lot more convenient and accessible option by which people can donate.
2. Seamless connection with customizable form fields.
3. Simple steps to money transfer with payment integration
4. Quick process
When you have people donating for your cause from all over the world you’ll need a proper donation form plugin that will help you manage everything.
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to create a donation form on your WordPress website. Just follow the simple step-by-step guide given below.
To create add online donation forms as a Nonprofits organization on your WordPress website you’ll first need a reliable, responsive, and easy to embed WordPress form plugin.
Due to its security features and simple drag and drop builder, WPForms is one of the best form plugins for WordPress.
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a WordPress plugin that helps you create beginner-friendly WordPress forms in minutes with a drag & drop form builder. The forms you create with WPForms are easy to embed and mobile-friendly.
With WPForms you can create:
1. Contact form
2. Payment form
3. Email subscription form
4. Registration form
Other features of WPForms include:
1. Multi-page forms
2. Payment gateway integration
3. Spam Protection
4. Smart conditional logic
5. Instant notifications
6. Email marketing software integration
Here are the steps to create an Online Donation Forms for Nonprofits
Step-1 Install WPForms:
To install WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website follow the steps given below –
1. Sign in on your WordPress website > Click on Plugins > Search WPForms > Click Install and then Activate.
2. Once you have a license key head over to WordPress dashboard and then WPForms > Settings.
3. Now enter the License key to get started.
Step-2 Create a Nonprofit Donation Form
1. Go to WPForms > Add New to create a new form.
2. Now, select the Donation Form template.
3. You can customize the form fields as per your choice by adding or removing fields to your donation form.
4. To add a new field on your form drag them from the left-hand panel to the right-hand panel.
5. You can also rearrange the order of the fields in your contact form.
Step-3 Add Multiple Items form field
To give an option to the donors’ several donations amounts to choose from we will add multiple Items form field.
1. Under the payment field on the left-hand side, you will find the Multiple Items form field drag it to the right-hand panel and place it about the donation amount field.
2. Next, click on it to make changes in the multiple Items form field
3. Now you can change the label as well as add donation amounts.
4. Check the Required box to make sure the form can’t be submitted without entering the amount.
5. Click the “Donation Amount” form field to make changes and Unclick the Required checkbox.
By doing this the users will be able to select the pre-defined donation amounts if that’s what they want to do.
6. Now, Click on conditionals on the left-hand side and check the Enable conditional logic. After that select “Show this field if Donation Amount is Enter Amount.”
7. Click Save.
Step-4 Configure Your Form’s Settings
1. Configure general settings and click Save.
2. Now click on notifications under settings and enable it to get notified whenever someone donates your website. You can also send a notification to the site visitor when they donate to confirm.
3. Next, Configure Your Form’s Confirmation messages that display to site visitors once they submit a donation form on your website.
Step-5 Configure Payment Settings to get Online Donations
On WPForms you can accept payments through both PayPal and Stripe. Both are very popular payment gateways. For this tutorial, we’ll set up stripe to process donations.
1. In the form settings on the left-sidebar click on the payment
2. Click on Stripe to initiate the configuration
3. Next, go to the Stripe settings panel and check the box that says- Enable Stripe payments
4. Then click the checkbox that says- Enable recurring subscription payments.
5. Now we are going to enable conditional logic so we can give donors two payment options one-time and recurring.
6. To simplify keep the settings as Process payment as recurring if Dropdown is Monthly.
7. Click Save and you’re all set.
Step-6: Add Your Online Donation Forms for Nonprofits to Your Website
Now, that you have successfully created a Nonprofit Donation forms for your WordPress website. The next step is to add it to your blog posts or pages, or even sidebar widgets.
For this example, we will add it to a custom page for donations.
1. On your WordPress dashboard > Click on Pages > Add new
2. Name the page Donations.
3. Now, head over to the (+) icon so you can add a block on your page.
4. Type WPForms like in the picture given below and choose the option.
5. Then it will ask you to choose the form. Select your donation form and click on Add Form.
6. Now, publish your page so your donation form will appear on your website.
Voila! You have successfully added a donation form on your WordPress website with the help of WPForms.
WPForms is one of the best and most reliable form builders out there, which makes the process of creating Online Donation Forms for Nonprofits secure and hassle-free with its drag and drop feature.
I hope this I was able to demonstrate the process well and cover every step in as much detail as possible.
In case you still have some queries drop a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as quickly as possible. Cheers!