Creating a Signature form on your WordPress Website with WPForms
With more are more businesses selling their services online, the importance of electronic signature is increasing day by day. It necessary for online businesses to create service agreement forms, and with the help of the WPForms signature form, it’s easier than ever to get the agreement signed.
In this article, you will learn how to create an online electronic signature form with the help of the WPForms signature form template for your WordPress website.
What’s an online electronic signature?
The electronic signature is like an electronic fingerprint. With the help of it, a person can validate himself as a signatory by signing the document online.
It is a type of mathematical code that encrypts the document from the sender and assures that the document is still the same until it reaches the receiver.
Importance of Online Electronic Signature Form on your website
When we talk about security, online electronic signatures are very safe and secure. Electronic signatures authenticate whether the signature is legitimate or not by providing PINs or Passcode, which help in verifying the identity of the signer.
The cost to integrate an online electronic signature to your platform is relatively low when compared to its benefits. It reduces contract turnaround time. It also has environmental benefits.
Businesses can reduce the printing cost, and storing an electronic document is easier and saves a lot of space. It saves a lot of indirect costs, like managing, tracking, filing, storage, etc.
Electronic signatures increased efficiency and reduce delays by notifications, tracking, and automatic storage it considerably speeds up the workflow and allows to close deals a lot quicker.
It enhances customer experience by allowing the customer to sign the document from wherever he/she wants; this makes it very convenient for you as well as for the customer. This makes the process easy, quick, and customer-friendly.
How to Create an online Signature Form Using WPForms on WordPress
Before we look at the steps on how to create an online electronic signature form for your business’s service agreement, I want you to make sure you consult a good lawyer.
Creating a service agreement is a big business decision, and it must be adequately crafted and should be taken seriously if you don’t want to get stuck in a legal issue in the future.
Don’t copy-paste legal service agreements from Google because it’s never a good strategy for your business in the long term.
An ideal business service agreement must have a:
- Name, address, and contact information
- Terms and conditions
- Payment information
3 Simple Steps to Create WPForms Signature Form
Step 1: Customize Your Own online Signature Form
To create a signature form first, we need to have a Free WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website.
To install WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website follow the steps given below –
1. Sign in on your WordPress website > Click on Plugins > Search WPForms > Click Install and then Activate.
Note: To access the Signature add-on on your WPForms plugin you need a WPForms Pro license which you can get at the best possible price here.
2. Once you have a license key head over to WordPress dashboard and then WPForms > Settings.
3. Now enter the License key to get started.
4. Click on WPForms > Addons
5. Select the signature add-on by clicking on Install Add-on button
6. The status will show Active after you’ve installed the add-on. Now you are ready to use the WPForms signature form on your WordPress website.
Now that you have installed and activated the WPForms plugin on our WordPress website and installed the signature add-on, the next step is to create a form.
1. Head over to the setup and choose the blank form from the template section. Name that form to let’s say Service Agreement Demo.
2. Now you’ll be taken to the form editor, where you can add all the necessary fields which are given under the fancy field.
3. After you are done with the required fields like name, address, contact information, etc. in the end, add a signature field on the form.
4. Don’t forget to set the signature field as required.
5. Once done, click Save.
Step 2: Configure the online Signature Form’s Settings
Configuring your online electronic signature form settings is an essential step before we add the form in our service agreement page.
To configure settings – Click on settings on the left
Now you have general settings, confirmation settings, and notification settings where you can adjust settings as you wish.
On General settings, you can change the name of the form, the description, and you can also edit the submit button. Spam protection can also be enabled from here.
A confirmation message is a message which is shown to the user who has submitted the form. You can change the conformation message settings and show either a message or redirect the user to another page.
A notification will be sent to you whenever someone has submitted a form on your website. You can change the notification settings here.
If you have added an email subscription option on your form, you have connected the WPForms with your email service provider.
Email services that can be integrated with WPForms include:
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
Then, click Save and proceed to create your service agreement
Step 3: Create a Service Agreement Page on Your Website
Now, that you have successfully created an online signature form for your WordPress website. The next step is to craft your service agreement page, where we will add our online signature form.
1. On your WordPress dashboard > Click on Pages > Add new.
2. Name the page – Let’s call it the XYZ company service agreement.
3. Now, head over to the (+) icon so you can add a block on your page.
4. Type WPForms like in the picture given below and choose the option.
5. Then it will ask you to choose the form. We have named our form Service Agreement Demo. Select Service Agreement Demo.
6. Click Publish and then View Page.
There, you have successfully added an online electronic signature form to your WordPress website.
WPForms is one of the trusted form builders out there, which makes the tedious process of getting signature for service agreement secure, easy, and quick through its online signature form
I hope I was able to cover every step in as much detail as possible.
If not, feel free to drop a comment regarding your query down in the comment section or reach me on firstname.lastname@example.org.