Do you want to accept payments on your WordPress website without writing a single line of code?
Wouldn’t it be easier for your customers to submit one-time payments, or even recurring/subscription payments through your WordPress form? In this article, I’m going to demonstrate how you can easily collect recurring payments from your customers from WordPress form without writing a single line of code with the help of Stripe and WPForms
What is Stripe?
Stripe is one of the prominent online payment platforms for internet businesses in the world. It functions in 35 countries and integrated into 100,000+ businesses.
Stripe has a very simple integration and it provides a great solution to the problem of how a website can accept recurring/subscription payments through customer’s credit cards.
It makes it super easy for a person who doesn’t have much developer experience to integrate payments.
Some of the best features of stripe:
1. A convenient way to accept all types of payment
2. Quick onboarding and KYC (within 30 days)
3. Simple admin panel interface
4. Easy as well as flexible integration
6. API Support along with any type of integration (HPP, VT, plugins to CMS)
7. International Payment options
8. Easy and quick withdrawals
9. 24/7 technical and customer support
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a WordPress plugin that helps you create beginner-friendly WordPress forms in minutes with a drag & drop form builder. The forms you create with WPForms are easy to embed and mobile-friendly.
With WPForms you can create:
1. Contact form
2. Payment form
3. Email subscription form
4. Registration form
Other features of WPForms include:
1. Multi-page forms
2. Payment gateway integration
3. Spam Protection
4. Smart conditional logic
5. Instant notifications
6. Email marketing software integration
Here are the steps to enable recurring payment functionality in WordPress forms using Stripe and WPForms:
To enable recurring payment functionality on your WordPress website we need to have a WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website.
STEP-1 Install WPForms:
To install WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website follow the steps given below –
1. Sign in on your WordPress website > Click on Plugins > Search WPForms > Click Install and then Activate.
2. Once you have a license key head over to WordPress dashboard and then WPForms > Settings.
3. Now enter the License key to get started.
4. Click on WPForms > Addons
5. Select the Stripe add-on by clicking on Install Add-on button
Note: To enable Stripe add-on on your WPForms plugin you need a WPForms Pro license which you can get at the best possible price here.
6. The status will show Active after you’ve installed the add-on. Now you are ready to use the WPForms Stripe add-on on your WordPress website.
STEP-2 Create a new WordPress Form:
Now that you have installed and activated the WPForms plugin on our WordPress website and installed the signature add-on, the next step is to create a form. To do that:
Head over to the setup and choose the donation form type from the template section. Name that form to let’s say Nonprofit donation form.
STEP-3 Customize the form fields
From the left-side panel, you can drag and drop any additional form fields on your Stripe form
1. Two fields are required on your Stripe form function:
i) Items field (Checkbox Items, Multiple Items, Dropdown Items or Single Item)
ii) Credit card field
You also add more fields as per your business requirements.
Now, after adding the fields that form will look something like the image below
2. When you are satisfied with your forms settings Click Save
STEP-4 Connects WPForms to your Stripe account
To accept payments from people who are using stripe, next we need to configure your Stripe account to WPForms.
1. In the form settings on the left-sidebar click on the payment
2. Click on Stripe to initiate the configuration
3. Next, go to the Stripe settings panel and check the box that says- Enable Stripe payments
4. Then click the checkbox that says- Enable recurring subscription payments.
5. Now we are going to enable conditional logic because you are giving people two payment options one-time and recurring.
6. To simplify keep the settings as Process payment as recurring if Dropdown is Monthly.
Note- You can also choose the time frame other than monthly too like quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.
5. Click Save and you’re all set.
Now, your form is ready to collect recurring payments from your customers according to the time frame you have set.
WPForms is one of the best and most reliable form builders out there, which makes the process of accepting recurring payments secure, quick and easy through its Stripe add-on feature.
I hope this I was able to demonstrate the process well and cover every step in as much detail as possible.
In case you still have some queries drop a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as quickly as possible. Cheers!