Wouldn’t it be easier for your customers to make payments for their one time purchases or even subscription payments through PayPal?
PayPal is one of the oldest, secure, and most accessible ways to collect online payments.
In this article, I’m going to show you a step-by-step process on how to easily collect payments from your customers for their purchases by integrating PayPal on your WordPress website with the help of WPForms.
And, the best part is all this will be done without writing a single line of code.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is one of the oldest online payment systems working around the globe. It started in the year 1998 and serves as an alternative to the traditional money transfer methods such as cash, demand draft, cheques, etc.
PayPal payment is done through online money transfer and doesn’t involve a single piece of paper.
It’s prevalent amongst eCommerce, freelancers, auction sites, and online service providers along with other commercial users.
To carry out the transaction safely and with a single-click, PayPal charges a little percentage of the transaction as a fee.
How to create a PayPal account?
Getting started with PayPal is quick and easy. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
2. Now, you have two options to choose from for the type of account you would like to create an individual account or Business account. Choose one and click next.
3. Enter the asked information and click continue
4. Next, enter your bank account information along with credit/debit card details.
5. Confirm your email address to verify your account.
6. Now Link your bank account and credit or debit cards to complete the KYC.
Simple Steps to collect payments on your website with PayPal and WPForms
To collect payments on your WordPress website with PayPal you’ll have to install WPForms plugin. Here are the steps:
1. Sign in on your WordPress website > Click on Plugins > Search WPForms > Click Install and then Activate.
2. Once you have a license key head over to WordPress dashboard and then WPForms > Settings.
3. Now enter the License key to get started.
How to install the PayPal Add-on on WPForms
1. Click on WPForms > Addons
2. Select the PayPal add-on by clicking on the Install Add-on button.
3. The status will show Active after you’ve installed the PayPal add-on. Now you are ready to use the WPForms PayPal add-on on your WordPress website.
Note: To enable PayPal add-on on your WPForms plugin you need a WPForms Pro license
Add PayPal Payments to Your Forms
After installing the WPForms plugin on our WordPress website and enabling the PayPal add-on, the next step is to create a form. To do that:
1. Click on the setup as shown in the image below setup and choose the create billing/order form from the template section.
By choosing this template you will get all the necessary fields you want in a payment form.
2. Next, connect the form to PayPal by clicking on the Payments > PayPal Standard.
3. Now, check the box labeled Enable PayPal Standard payments.
4. Fill out all the additional payment settings such as:
- Your PayPal Email Address
- Mode: Production or Test / Sandbox
- Payment Type
- Shipping address of the user
5. You can also enable conditional logic because you are giving people two payment options.
Basically, it will create a smart form that will automatically change content as per the user’s selections.
There are several ways to use conditional logic on PayPal add-on like a user can choose to pay through PayPal or through stripe from the single form.
6. After enabling conditional logic some additions settings will appear as shown in the image below. Adjust the settings according to the conditions you want.
7. click on the Save button to save your payment settings.
8. Once you have saved all your payment setting make sure to test everything to check if everything is acting according to the settings you have applied.
As you can see, how easy it is to integrate PayPal to your WordPress website with the help of WPForms. By enabling the PayPal add-on you can design various types of forms those suites your business like:
1. Donation form
2. Digital product payment form
3. Ecommerce payment form
4. Invoice for pre-payments for services and more.
The combination of PayPal and WPForms will not only benefit you as a seller but also makes the payment process for your customer hassle-free and secure.
I hope I was able to cover every step in as much detail as possible.
If not, feel free to drop a comment regarding your query down in the comment section or reach me on firstname.lastname@example.org.