Do you want to create conduct a survey on your WordPress website AND you are looking for the best survey software for a WordPress Website?
Online surveys are an excellent way to collect information about your customers in order to take an informed decision in the future about your products or services.
The best thing about online surveys is that your website visitors or customers can participate and finish the surveys on your website with just a few click of a mouse.
Some other advantages of a survey on the WordPress website:
1. It’s a cost-effective method of data collection.
2. It’s quick and easy to answer online surveys.
3. Increases your reach and conversions.
4. Real-time data that helps in faster data analysis.
5. More honest and flexible way to get feedback.
In this article, we’ll show you which is the best survey software for a WordPress website and how you can create a survey in WordPress in just a few simple steps.
So let’s begin!
STEP 1: Install and Activate the Necessary Plugins/Software
Choosing the right software or WordPress plugin is necessary because there are tons of software out there, but we need the software that provides us:
1. Easy to read survey charts and stats.
2. Use conditional logic to create personalized survey fields.
3. Have smart survey fields such as Likert scale, ratings, file upload section etc.
4. Download survey results as a CSV file format or export charts on to other tools like excel or word.
So, After researching so many software, I found that the best survey software for a WordPress website is WPForms. It has all the features I’ve been looking for and other helpful features too.
Therefore, for this tutorial, we will install WPForms.
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a WordPress plugin that helps you create beginner-friendly WordPress forms in minutes with a drag & drop form builder. The forms you create with WPForms are easy to embed and mobile-friendly.
With WPForms you can create:
- Contact form
- Payment form
- Email subscription form
- Registration form
Other features of WPForms include:
- Multi-page forms
- Payment gateway integration
- Spam Protection
- Smart conditional logic
- Instant notifications
- Email marketing software integration
To install WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website follow the steps given below –
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard and click on Plugin and then click on Add New.
2. Type WPForms in the search box.
3. Click Install and then Activate.
4. Once you have a license key head over to WordPress dashboard and then WPForms > Settings.
3. Now enter the License key to get started.
STEP 2: Install Survey and polls addon
Now after installing and activating the WPForms plugins we will install the survey and poll addon.
1. Click on WPForms » Addons from the left-hand sidebar of your WordPress dashboard.
2. Look for the the Surveys and Polls addon and click on the Install addon button.
3. At last Click Activate to start using this addon.
STEP 3: Create a New Form
1. On your WordPress dashboard click on WPForms and then on Add New.
2. Choose the Survey Form template. WPForms lets you add custom fields on your contact form with a simple drag and drop.
3. WPForms will then create a survey for you.
4. To add any other additional fields to your form just drag and drop the field of your choice from the left-hand side to the right-hand side.
WPForms gives you several field option to add on your survey form such as text field, multiple choice, checkboxes, dropdown options, a rating scale, Likert scale, net promoter score, etc.
STEP 4: Enable Survey Reporting
Now we need to enable survey reporting to receive the real-time results as survey respondents fill out your form. To do that:
1. Click on Settings » Surveys and Polls.
2. Then Enable Survey Reporting checkbox like the image below.
STEP 5: Configure Your Form Settings
Configuring your survey form in WordPress settings is an essential step before we add them on your website.
To configure settings – Click on settings on the left
Now you have general settings, confirmation settings, and notification settings where you can adjust settings as you wish.
1. On General settings, you can change the name of the form, the description, and you can also edit the submit button. Spam protection can also be enabled from here.
2. A confirmation message is a message which is shown to the user who has submitted the form. You can change the conformation message settings and show either a message or redirect the user to another page.
First, click on the Confirmation tab in the Form Editor under Settings.
Next, select the type of confirmation type you’d like to create. For this example, we’ll select Message.
3. A notification will be sent to you whenever someone has submitted a form on your website. You can change the notification settings here.
To include the email address of the person that filled out the online survey on wordpress, select Show Smart Tags in the Send to the Email Address field.
Now, Click on Email to send a notification to the email address that was entered on the survey form submission.
STEP 6: Add Your Survey Form to Your Site
With the help of the WPForms plugin, you can publish your survey anywhere on your website.
You can publish it as a post, on pages, sidebar widgets, or footer widget.
Commonly surveys are embedded on the post/page. To do that you must create a new post/page.
1. On the new post/page click inside the first and click on the Add WPForms icon.
2. Click on the WPForms dropdown and pick which one of the forms you’ve already created that you want to insert into your page. Select survey form.
3. In the end, click on the blue button in the top right that says Publish.
That’s it! You have successfully created and posted an online survey on your website with the help of the best survey software for a WordPress website – WPForms